Welcome to episode 2 of Mike’s Dam Podcast. The title of this podcast isn’t a failed attempt at swearing, but actually is a podcast about a dam. Having grown up in Page Arizona during the construction of Glen Canyon Dam, the founding of Page, and the creation of Lake Powell, I felt compelled to preserve a little of the history of that time in my photo blog, Mike’s Dam Photo Blog. This podcast is an extension of my photo blog and I hope it becomes a vehicle to preserve the stories and experiences of some of the early Page pioneers via interviews and conversations.
To make listening as easy as possible, here are the links I talk about in this episode:
- An aerial photo of Page from the early 60’s (you’ll need this because most of this episode is spent pouring over it).
- Route 66, Season 1, episode 9: Layout at Glen Canyon.
- My interview with Arizona Highways.
- Mike’s Dam Photo Blog Website.
- Mike’s Dam Photo Blog YouTube Channel.